What information do we collect about you?
When you use our products and services we will ask for personal information (at the moment of collection we will explain what information is required in order for us to provide the particular product or service, and what information you may choose to provide), such as:
- your postal address;
- your name;
- your email address/es;
- your telephone number/s;
- your IP address;
How we protect your personal information
We are committed to protecting your personal information and implementing appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect it against any unauthorised or unlawful processing and against any accidental loss, destruction or damage.
How will we use the information about you?
- Preventing money laundering:we will use your personal information at the appropriate time to conduct an identification check as we have a legal obligation to do so in accordance with the anti-money laundering regulations.
- Ability to proceed with an offer on a property:if you are a potential buyer we are obliged to contact you to clarify your financial position i.e. do you have a mortgage agreed in principle or are you a cash buyer and whether you have a property to sell to enable you to purchase another property. We will process your personal information for the purposes of our legitimate interests in determining your ability to proceed with a purchase so that the seller has an informed choice should there be an offer. This also has the potential to speed up any subsequent transaction.
- To engage with you in relation to our products and services:we will use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you have requested from us and other associated services. We will process your personal information in this way if it is necessary for the performance of the contract with us.
How will we contact you?
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours, which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing communications, you may opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to other members of the Kuavo Group.
Kuavo Cayman will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies unless you have consented to us doing so.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email email@example.com or write to us at P.O. Box 277, 10 Market Street, Camana Bay, Grand Cayman, CAYMAN ISLANDS.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We retain your personal data only for as long as we need to in order to comply with our obligations. The retention periods are:
- Seven years for data related to a financial transaction with Kuavo Cayman (such as an Instruction to market a property)
- Six years for data related to a property transaction (such as a Valuation, Offer or Viewing)
- Five years for data related to our obligations under Anti-Money Laundering regulations
- 18 months for other personal data not covered by one of the above.
This policy explains what cookies are and how they are used on Kuavo Group websites and applications. We encourage you to read the policy in full so that you understand what information we collect using cookies.
What is a Cookie?
A “cookie” is a simple ‘text file’ which typically contains two pieces of information: a site name and a unique user identifier using your Internet Protocol (IP) address. If you agree, we will store these cookies on your browser or hard drive when you visit our website. We use the following four types of cookie:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to make our website work. Without these cookies, our website cannot operate effectively.
Analytical and Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your website experience. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you, instead they aggregate masses of data to provide information about how our website is performing.
When you are browsing these cookies remember your preferences and help improve your website experience. These include things like remembering your browsing and language preferences or your chosen image size, meaning we can serve you the best possible experience each time you visit our site.
Targeted Advertising Cookies
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to deliver advertisements which are more relevant to you. For example; location information, buying or selling status. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose and you may see our advertisements while using other third-party websites.
By using our website, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit our website in the future. You can delete any cookies that are already on your device through your browser and opt-out of targeted advertising cookies.
You can enable, disable and delete cookies through your browser. If you choose to disable cookies, our website may not operate correctly, and you may not be able to access secure areas of our website, make bookings or accept viewings. If you choose to delete your cookies, you may have to update your preferences with us again and the experience you receive upon returning to our site for the first time may be slightly degraded until our cookies update with your preferences again.
Click the links below to learn how to manage your cookie preferences through your browser:
Advertising on Other Third Party Websites
We use Targeted Advertising Cookies to remember the services you are interested in when browsing our website. If you later view certain selected third-party websites or social media platforms, we are able to provide advertisements relating to those products and services that you have shown interest.
You can opt out of targeted advertising shown on third party websites at any time on the Your Online Choices Website or clicking the double lines in the bottom corner of the advertisement. If you decide to remove all your browser information including cookies the adverts will appear again following your visit to our website as the information will have been lost.
How to contact us
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or write to us at:
Data Protection Kuavo Cayman
P.o. Box 277,
10 Camana Bay,